Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Zalău
Clădirea Transilvania (RO) - The Transylvania Building (EN)
Clădirea Transilvania Zalău
- The Transylvania Building is part of the Iuliu Maniu Square ensemble and, along with the buildings of the City Hall (Primăria Zalău), the Silvania National College (Colegiul National Silvania Zalău), the County Directorate for Culture, the park and the urban fittings, the Wesselényi Statue (Grupul statuar Wesselényi Zalău), the Angels Fountain (Fântâna cu îngerași Zalău), creates an expressive and personalized ensemble, particularly valuable from an urban and architectural point of view.
- The building – a historical monument is an example of eclectic construction from the end of the 19th century, from Transylvania and it was built during several stages. During its existence the building had multiple functions: administrative (City Hall), hotel, restaurant and coffee shop, dancing hall and theater, printing house, dwellings, cinema, book store, bank, library, tourism agency, other kind of shops.
- The ballroom from the first floor of the center aisle is the only room that kept its function. The ceiling of the ballroom and theater is also impressive. It is decorated with a secessionist mural painting of approximately 300 square meters, by size, unique in Romania.
Zalău - The Transylvania Building
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ ZALĂU
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Zalău. Copyright© CNIPT Zalău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Zalău and nearby!
- Piaţa Iuliu Maniu 4 - 6, Zalău
- tel. 0360-566.100
- Program: 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: www.turismzalau.ro