Commune / Village name & location: Ciocăneşti, Suceava (SV) county, Romania.
The Ciocăneşti village environment → Ambianţa satului Ciocăneşti
- Ciocăneşti is on the Bistriţa Valley, on the road that connects Moldova to Maramureş.
- Ciocăneşti was named the winner of the first edition of the national cultural and tourist program "Cultural Village of Romania" 2014.
Other tourist attractions in Ciocăneşti
- The village's name comes from the time the villagers made weapons and armor for the Moldavian armies (ciocan = hammer). The legend says that Ştefan cel Mare (Stephen the Great) would have set the altar site of Putna Monastery by blowing an arrow made by the people of Ciocăneşti.
- The native-born people kept the old look and the traditions of the place and, for this reason, Ciocăneşti was declared a village-museum. This is written at the entrance in the village, announcing the visitors that they will find here, in Ciocăneşti, authentic Romanian painted houses in a perfect architectural harmony.
- Ethnographic Museum → Muzeul Etnografic
- National Museum of Painted Eggs → Muzeul Naţional al Ouălor Incondeiate
TOP 10 COMMUNES / VILLAGES IN ROMANIA
Other communes / villages with tourist attractions in Romania