Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Turda
Cheile Turenilor (RO) - The Turenilor Gorges (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~31 km.
- Turenilor or Turului Gorges, located near the Turda Gorges (Cheile Turzii), are about 2 km long, with high walls, carved by Racilor stream.
- Inside gorges are found various pitches and small waterfalls, as well as slopes which shelter many cavities. Flora is represented by the shrub vegetation (hawthorn, hazel and wild rose), annual species (cliffs white dianthus, round-headed rampion), hornbeam forests, pasturages and meadows. Fauna is represented by insects, amphibians (bittern, Transylvanian triton) and birds (crow, Oenanthe oenanthe).
The Turenilor Gorges, Cluj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Turda and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism