Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Cetăţile dacice de la Stânceşti (RO)
Cetăţile dacice de la Stânceşti
Stânceşti Thracian-Getae fortresses (EN)
- Four kilometres west of Botoşani, one can find a fortified complex formed of two Thracian-Getae citadels, from the VI-III centuries BC.
- They were built in the ground, with a moat, and have a total surface of 50 hectares.
- The aspect of the citadels is impressive even today, as the wave of land where they were built is still 5-metre high, and the moat still has a 6-7 metre-depth.
Stânceşti Thracian-Getae fortresses, Botoşani county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani