Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Zalău
Cetatea Almașului (RO) - The Almaş Fortress (EN)
- The Almaş Fortress is situated to the east of the village Almaşu (1500 m), in the Sălaj county, it was built between 1247-1278, being one of the oldest and most powerful medieval fortresses in Transylvania.
- Dominating the surroundings of the hillside nearby the Almaşu village, the fortress of the same name is intertwined with the history of the places, a fortress that oversaw all the entrances on the Almaș Valley. From the old building, built in the 13th century, remained only a few ruins today.
- Today, you can see the southwest wall of the donjon (the donjon tower is the best fortified tower of a medieval castle) and the foundations of the annexes.
The Almaş Fortress, Almaşu village, Sălaj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ ZALĂU
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Zalău. Copyright© CNIPT Zalău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Zalău and nearby!
- Piaţa Iuliu Maniu 4 - 6, Zalău
- tel. 0360-566.100
- Program: 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.turismzalau.ro