Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Caransebeș
Cazarma Grănicerilor (RO) - The Border Guards Barracks (EN)
Cazarma Grănicerilor Caransebeș
(Muzeul Județean de Etnografie)
- Built in 1753 as a defensive fortification in the middle of Caransebeș fortress, the building has a Teresian Baroque architecture.
- Because of its special Baroque elements and its purpose, the building has a historical and architectural national value. In 1768, it hosted ″The Border Guard Battalion″ leaded by Paul Dimic von Papilla baron.
- Since 1783, it was renamed as Vlach and Illyrian Border Regiment nr. 13. Even though it had during time a multitude of names, the one which remained in local history is ″Banat Border Regiment number 13″.
- Since 1962, the building hosts The County Museum of Ethnography (Muzeul Județean de Etnografie) and Border Regiment Caransebeș.
The County Museum of Ethnography in Caransebeș
Caraș-Severin county, Romania (© Doru Luțai)
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ A MUNICIPIULUI CARANSEBEȘ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Caransebeș. Copyright© CNIPT Caransebeș
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Caransebeș and nearby!
- Piața General Ioan Dragalina nr.2A, Municipiul Caransebeș, jud. Caraș-Severin, România
- Tel / fax: 0355-429.955
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 1000 - 1700
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://cnipt-caransebes.ro