Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Carei
Catedrala Ortodoxa Romana Sfântul Dimitrie (RO)
Catedrala Ortodoxa Romana Sfântul Dimitrie
The St. Demetrius Romanian Orthodox Cathedral (EN)
- The cathedral was built between 1990 – 2007, and the foundation stone was laid in 1990, July 22nd. The cathedral was built in a unique Byzantine style, the layout having Byzantine cross form. Above the nave, a heightened dome was built, which is 41,5 m along with the cross on top of it. The inner chamber has three different parts: the altar, the nave and the side nave. The chamber is decorated with Romanian motives.
- Between 2007 – 2012, painter Emil Stoica decorated the church with unique Neobyzantine paintings and murals. On the facade of the church, 23 icons can be seen in murals, which represent prophets, apostles and martyrs.
The St. Demetrius Romanian Orthodox Cathedral from Carei
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
Centrul de Promovare a Turismului Cultural Gróf Károlyi
The source of the texts/images/photos: CPTC Gróf Károlyi. Copyright© CPTC Gróf Károlyi
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Carei and nearby!
- Str. 1 Decembrie 1918 nr.1, Carei, 445100
- tel. 0261-861.481
- Program: 08:00 - 16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: www.visitcarei.ro