Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Catedrala Greco-Catolică Schimbarea la Faţă (RO)
Catedrala Greco-Catolică Schimbarea la Faţă
The Transfiguration Greek-Catholic Cathedral (EN)
- In the centre of Cluj-Napoca, on Eroilor Street, the Franciscan-Minorite order decides to erect a church which today serves as the Greek Catholic Cathedral.
- In 1779, with the support of Empress Maria Theresa, the Franciscan order hires the architect Johan Eberhardt Blaumann who rebuilds the church in the baroque architecture style. The church embodies in a nave form, having a polygonal altar with a façade enlarged by vertical double pilasters.
- Inside, specific late Baroque decorative elements are found. The church was given back to the Romanian Church United with Rome, now being the Cathedral of Cluj-Gherla Episcopacy.
The Transfiguration Greek-Catholic Cathedral from Cluj-Napoca
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism