Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Zalău
Castrul roman (RO) - The Roman Castrum (EN)
- Location: Buciumi, Sălaj (SJ) county.
- The Roman Castrum lies to the north of the Buciumi village, on the edge of a high plateau, with a dominant position. The place where the camp is located still bears the name of "Fortress" or "Gradişte" (from ancient Slavic meaning "fortification").
- The Romans built the castrum in this place to control the natural passage on the Rag Valley, which flows westward beyond the Meseş Valley, that in the Roman Era represented the border between the Roman Empire and the barbarian populations outside it (the free Dacians).
The Roman Castrum from Buciumi, Sălaj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ ZALĂU
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Zalău. Copyright© CNIPT Zalău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Zalău and nearby!
- Piaţa Iuliu Maniu 4 - 6, Zalău
- tel. 0360-566.100
- Program: 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: www.turismzalau.ro