Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Cascada Vălul Miresei (RO)
Vălul Miresei / The Bride’s Veil Waterfall (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~84 km.
- Vălul Miresei waterfall (The Bride’s Veil Waterfall), also known under the name of Răchiţele waterfall, is located on the Eastern slope of the Vlădeasa mountain, in Stanciu valley, within the area of Mărgău village.
- Situated at an altitude of approximately 1,000 meters with an overall height of 30 meters, the water disperses in a way that gives the appearance of a white veil, from where its suggestive name comes from.
- Its name is also connected to a legend which reminds of a bride who fell off a sheer cliff, where the waterfall can be found nowadays, her veil clinging to the rocks and covering them up. Close to the place where the bride fell, it is said that people gathered and their tears formed the waterfall.
Vălul Miresei (The Bride’s Veil) Waterfall, Mărgău, Cluj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
TOP 10 WATERS IN ROMANIA
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism
Other important waters in Romania