Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Buzău
Casa Vergu-Mănăilă (RO) – The Vergu-Mănăilă House (EN)
- Location: Buzău city, Buzău (BZ) county.
- The house was built between 1970 and 1980. It hosts a museum of ethnography and folk art exhibiting objects acquired only from the region of Buzău.
- Since 2004, when the museum was reorganized, it has been exhibiting valuable elements of the Romanian art and civilization specific to the region of the Carpathian curve.
- The collection includes women popular costumes, like embroidered blouses as well as male costumes, carpets with natural colours, a great variety of towels, floss silk head dresses, rugs weaved in two threads, different colored covers, and also various objects that characterize different occupations: pottery, viticulture, sheep breeding, fishing and hunting.
- The Vergu-Mănăilă House is one of the external departments of the Buzău County History Museum.
The Vergu-Mănăilă House
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CONSILIUL JUDEŢEAN BUZĂU - BUZĂU COUNTY COUNCIL
The source of the texts/images/photos: Consiliul Judetean Buzău. Copyright©Consiliul Judetean Buzău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Buzău and nearby!
- Bd-ul Nicolae Bălcescu nr.48, Buzău
- Tel: 0238.414.112
Fax: 0238.725.507, 0238.714.198
- Program: 08:00-16:30 (Mon-Thu), 08:00-14:00 (Fri)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://cjbuzau.ro