Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Casa memorială George Enescu din Dorohoi (RO)
Casa memorială George Enescu din Dorohoi
George Enescu Memorial Museum from Dorohoi (EN)
- George Enescu Museum from Dorohoi, arranged in the house bought in 1910 by Costache Enescu, composer's father, inaugurated in 1957 and recently reorganized, exhibits objects and documents of great value related to the life and activity of the great musician.
- Original photos from childhood years in Liveni and Cracalia, photos of parents - Costache and Maria Enescu, original letters, personal items - piano, several violins and wand, glasses, a concert costume, concert programs - are some of the songs resistance of the museum. A house in Moldavian style, built in 1881, home where Costache Enescu, the father of the musician, lived until 1919 (the year of death) houses the "George Enescu" Memorial Museum in Dorohoi today.
- Enescu kept it, often coming to Dorohoi where he found the right place for rest and creation. In his working room that is still preserved, George Enescu wrote the ops Quartet. 30, Symphony 3. Here he felt his creative capacities increased: "One month a year I have to come to the land of my country." After the master's death, a group of intellectuals from Dorohoi, headed by drawing professor Constantin Radinschi, whose works are exhibited in the museum, succeeded in turning it into a museum two years after the death of George Enescu (1957).
- Starting from a total of 116 objects, the collection has become rich in time, reaching today 1,200: original pieces of furniture and clothing, photographs, photocopies, posters and concert programs, painting, graphics, pen, sculpture, musical manuscripts, all of which provide valuable information on the life and activity of the Master, especially events in his life related to these lands.
- The George Enescu Dorohoi memorial museum was reorganized in 2005, the year when we commemorated the 50th anniversary of the death of the musician. Starting this year, there is a musical salon, the place where periodical concerts, recitals take place, recalling the days when Enescu himself practiced, composed, singing in the house on the street which today bears his name.
George Enescu Memorial Museum from Dorohoi, Botoşani county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani