Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Sighetu Marmației
Casa Memorială Elie Wiesel (RO) - The Elie Wiesel Memorial House (EN)
Casa Memorială Elie Wiesel
- The house where Elie Wiesel was born is specific to the Transylvanian and Central European burgs at the end of the 19th century.
- At the age of only 15, Elie Wiesel was deported to Auschwitz during the Second World War, and after his release, he immigrated to the United States of America, in 1986 being laureate of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Since February 1987, the first steps have been taken to turn his native house into a museum where Elie Wiesel's personality is to be presented alongside the social and cultural life of the Jews in Maramureș. This house is also known as The Museum of the Jewish Culture.
The Elie Wiesel Memorial House - The Museum of the Jewish Culture
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ SIGHETU MARMAŢIEI
Sighetu Marmației, Maramureș county, Romania (© www.sighet.ro)
- Piaţa Libertăţii nr.26, Sighetu Marmației
- tel: 0371-347.133, fax: 0371-607.394
- Program: daily, 0900 - 1700
- Facebook: Visit Sighetu Marmatiei
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: www.turismsighet.ro