Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Casa Heltai (RO) - The Heltai House (EN)
- The Heltai House is located on 4 Matthias Corvinus Street and it was erected by the Eppel family, afterwards becaming the property of Heltai family and housing the first publishing house from Cluj-Napoca founded by the German pastor Gáspár Heltai.
- The Transylvanian prince Stephen Bocsksay was born in this house, in 1557. On the left wall, after entering the main gate, there are several memorial stones which remind of this event and in one of the rooms of the building is found the coat of arms of the prince, sculpted in 1606 and surrounded by the emblems of Transylvania and Hungary.
- The building belonged later to the counts Teleki and Bethlen, it served as the building of the post office between 1870 and 1890 and, at the present time, stands as the chancellor office of the Sapientia University from Cluj.
The Heltai House from Cluj-Napoca
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism