Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Casa Ankele (RO) - Ankele House (EN)
- The Ankele House, built in 1836, is one of the representative houses of the Botoşani Historic Center.
- Carol Ankele, one of the richest Armenian merchants in Botoşani in the interwar period, had here a universal agricultural machinery store and a mechanical workshop. The store was the largest in the city, and it sold German manufactured goods of the most varied: agricultural and industrial machinery, cars, pianos, pantographs and weapons.
- The Ankele House presents a real architectural interest because it is made in a romantic style and is characterized by an underlining of the volumes and the roof that defines the roof and suggests protective walls.
- The building is arranged on two levels and has a cubic shape. Built around the corner, the Ankele House is visible on both Old Town's pedestrianized roads.
- The building box has a regular octagonal base, superimposed over one another with "rounded" corners supporting a dome, following the architecture of a church's tower. The roof box is wrapped in thick sheet metal with heavy German ornaments, and has on the front a statuary group that embodies two angels holding a disc with the Ankele family blazon. At the base of this dome is the owner's name, C. Ankele. The floor has the rooms facing the street and are symmetrically placed on the two facades, with eight windows on each side of the building, and four of them are built with a masonry balcony. The corner room is a basin in circular arc and wide windows. The windows have pillars bounded outside by anchorraments (this type of ornaments is unique in Botoşani).
Ankele House in Botoșani, Botoșani county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani