Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Zalău
Bustul lui Iuliu Maniu (RO) - The bust of Iuliu Maniu (EN)
Bustul lui Iuliu Maniu Zalău
- The bust of Iuliu Maniu was realised in 1994 by the sculptor Ioan Mihele.
- Born in 1873 in Şimleu Silvaniei, Iuliu Maniu was a jurist, one of the most prestigious politicians in Romanian history and an honorary member of the Romanian Academy from June 7th 1919.
- Being a member of the National Peasants’ Party, he fought against the communist regime and was part of the organizers of the Great Assembly in Alba Iulia, on December 1st 1918, where it was decided to unite Transylvania with Romania.
Zalău - The bust of Iuliu Maniu
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ ZALĂU
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Zalău. Copyright© CNIPT Zalău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Zalău and nearby!
- Piaţa Iuliu Maniu 4 - 6, Zalău
- tel. 0360-566.100
- Program: 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.turismzalau.ro