Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Bustul Generalului Gheorghe Avrămescu (RO)
Bustul Generalului Gheorghe Avrămescu
The bust of General Gheorghe Avrămescu (EN)
- Gheorghe Avrămescu, born in Botoşani on January 26, 1884, was a Romanian army general who was distinguished in the battles of the Second World War. Avrămescu was arrested by the Soviet military authorities and there is suspicion that he would have been executed by them in 1945.
- In 1906 he was admitted to the Infantry School in Bucharest, which he graduated two years later. He married Adela Gologan in 1913. He participated in the battles of the Second Balkan War, after which he attended the Upper School of War.
- Bust of General Avrămescu from the park that also bears his name was unveiled in 2010 with the rehabilitation of the park.
The bust of General Gheorghe Avrămescu in Botoşani, Botoşani county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani