Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Biserica Sfinții Trei Ierarhi (RO) - Three Hierarchs Church (EN)
Biserica Sfinții Trei Ierarhi Botoșani
- Church Three Hierarchs was made only from beams and no steeple, and its founder was the first Greek merchant Constantin Gheorghiu as mentioned in the Greek inscription above the door at the church entrance: “This holy church in the city was made by Constantine Gheorghiu, by the power of God and with the help of Christians in 1789 May 8.
- And later the belfry was built: "And on April 15, 1833, the steeple was built again through church wall ascension, by Ioan Gheorghiu Hariton trustee’s zeal, with the help of Christians and performed by the following: trustee Neculai Apostol, and steward Gheorghe Buzneanu, 1837 September 20."
- The church is also known in Romanian as "Biserica Băcanilor și Răchitenilor, azi Biserica Sfinții Trei Ierarhi" and in English as "Church of shop keepers and basket weavers, today Three Hierarchs Church".
Three Hierarchs Church in Botoșani, Botoșani county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani