Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Carei
Biserica Romano-Catolica Sfântul Iosif de Calasanz (RO)
Biserica Romano-Catolica Sfântul Iosif de Calasanz
The Roman Catholic Church St. Joseph of Calasanz (EN)
- The foundation of the church designed by architects Franz Rosenstingl of Vienna and Ferenc Sieber of Carei, was laid by count Antal Károlyi in 1769. The church was sanctified in honour of St. Joseph of Calasanz by bishop Károlyi Eszterházy in 1799, August 22nd.
- The restoration works between 1857 – 1860 were planned and led by Miklő Ybl. Outer restorations on the church were done last time in 1964, and inner paintings were done in 1987. The restoration of the tower began in May, 2013.
- The parameteres of the church: length 46.5 m, width 18.5 m, highest inner height is 20.5 m, outer height 25 m.
- The church is built on six arches. On the arches in the middle – which are vast compared to the others – the boat of the church can be found which looks like a cone from outside. One of the smaller arches contains the sanctum and the other one the chancel. The church contains two sacristies, each with an oratorio above them. Four bells can be found in the church. The clocktower was made in 1803 with the subsidy of countess Károlyi.
The Roman Catholic Church St. Joseph of Calasanz from Carei
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
Centrul de Promovare a Turismului Cultural Gróf Károlyi
The source of the texts/images/photos: CPTC Gróf Károlyi. Copyright© CPTC Gróf Károlyi
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Carei and nearby!
- Str. 1 Decembrie 1918 nr.1, Carei, 445100
- tel. 0261-861.481
- Program: 08:00 - 16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.visitcarei.ro