Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Turda
Biserica Romano-Catolică Sfânta Maria din Turda (RO)
Biserica Romano-Catolica Sfânta Maria din Turda
Saint Mary Roman-Catholic Church from Turda (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~35 km.
- The Saint Mary Roman-Catholic Church from Republicii square was erected at the end of the 15th century, on the premises of another older church. The edifice is built in Gothic style, several inscriptions with Gothic characters, namely the years 1478, 1498 and 1504, being identified on the abutments of the southern side.
- Inside the parsonage of the church we find two of the keys of the old church from the 15th century which carry the inscription "The keys of St. Peter 1472".
- In 1568, the first edict of religious tolerance in Europe was adopted here and the foundation of the Unitarian Church was proclaimed.
Saint Mary Roman-Catholic Church from Turda, Cluj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Turda and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism