Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Biserica Reformat-Calvină din Văleni (RO)
Biserica Reformat-Calvină din Văleni
The Reformed-Calvinist Church from Văleni (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~53 km.
- In Văleni, a village found under the administrative jurisdiction of the Călăţele commune, the Franciscans erected a church in Romanesque style in the 13th century.
- Subsequently, the altar was converted into a polygonal Gothic one supported by buttresses. The massive tower and the roof, build in the archetypical style of churches from the area of Călata, is erected after the earthquake from the 18th century. Originally it was a Catholic church, becoming later a Reformed-Calvinist church.
- The ceiling is coffered and painted with specific local patterns. On the defensive wall of the church we encounter a funerary sculpture since the Roman era and a carved Tatar head.
The Reformed-Calvinist Church from Văleni, Cluj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism