Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Biserica Reformat-Calvină din Sic (RO)
Biserica Reformat-Calvină din Sic
The Reformed-Calvinist Church from Sic (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~39 km.
- The Reformed-Calvinist church from Sic dates from the 13th century. The church is erected with the support of the King Matthias Corvinus and is dedicated to the Holy Spirit. The edifice is an architectural monument with Gothic style traits.
- During Reformation, the community of Sic has adopted the Calvinism confession. In 1555, a synod of reformed churches was held in this church, being attended by Francis David, the founder of the Unitarian confession.
- During several chronological stages, the church was also the cathedral of the Reformed-Calvinist confession. It was restored several times between 15th -16th centuries, in the 18th century after the invasion of the Tatars from 1717 that severely damaged it, and between 1946 and 1947.
- Mural fragments dated from 14th century, a coffered ceiling, an organ and bells dating from the 18th century can be found inside.
The Reformed-Calvinist Church from Sic, Cluj county, Romania
In this area you may also like to visit:
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism