Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Biserica Reformat-Calvină din Mănăstireni (RO)
Biserica Reformat-Calvină din Mănăstireni
The Reformed-Calvinist Church from Mănăstireni (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~49 km.
- The Calvinist Church from Mănăstireni was built in the 13th century, having a nave form built in the Romanesque style. The furniture, the pulpit and the coffered ceiling date back from 18th century and 19th century.
- On the south façade of the western tower, a sundial and two sculptures from Roman times can be noted: St. Michael the Archangel killing the dragon and Melusina - the virgin nursing two snakes - this representation being unique in Transilvania. At the bottom of these sculptures we find two funeral Roman lions, while on the northern side a common Romanesque rose window, having the shape of St. Catherine’s wheel.
The Reformed-Calvinist Church from Mănăstireni, Cluj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism