Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Carei
Biserica Reformat-Calvină (RO) - The Reformed Calvinist Church (EN)
Biserica Reformat-Calvină CAREI
- The building of the church started in 1746. At first, it had only the size of a chapel, which was finished by 1752. The church as it is today was finished by 1800. The first organ arrived in 1833 but it became unusable after a powerful earthquake in 1834, October 15th. The church bought a new organ in 1872. The canopy of the pulpit was made in 1835.
- Three bells can be found in the tower : the biggest weighs 800 kg and was made in 1806, but had to be recast in 1839. The medium one has 376 kg and the smallest has 190 kg. They were forged by Frigyes Hőnig.
- The first restoration of the church took place in 1877, then the second in 1950 when they changed the chancels made out of wood to concrete. Because on this restoration, the church gets a distincive style of Hungarian Baroque.
- Above the southern entrance of the church, a memorial tablet was placed, in memory of the 400th anniversary of Gáspár Károlyi's birth, which was celebrated in September, 1929. In 1996, his statue was inaugurated in the garden of the church.
The Reformed Calvinist Church from Carei
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
Centrul de Promovare a Turismului Cultural Gróf Károlyi
The source of the texts/images/photos: CPTC Gróf Károlyi. Copyright© CPTC Gróf Károlyi
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Carei and nearby!
- Str. 1 Decembrie 1918 nr.1, Carei, 445100
- tel. 0261-861.481
- Program: 08:00 - 16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.visitcarei.ro