Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Biserica Piariştilor (RO) - The Piarist Church (EN)
- The year 1700 marks the era of the Catholic Counter Reformation in Europe. Within the Habsburg Monarchy, under the jurisdiction of which also Transylvania principality is, the prominent style of ecclesiastic architecture becomes the Baroque style.
- The first Baroque edifice from Transylvania, represented by a monumental church, which faithfully complies with the attributes of this style, was built by Jesuits between 1718 and 1724. At the present time, this is found in Cluj-Napoca, on Universităţii Street.
- The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity, being highlighted by an austere facade framed by two towers. The inside of it is structured in a unique nave form from which more chapels are detached. Above the altar we find an icon of St. Mary covered in metal. In 1773 Pope Clement XIV dissolves the Jesuit Order and the Queen Maria Theresa transfers the building to the Piarist Order.
The Piarist Church from Cluj-Napoca
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism