Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Turda
Biserica Ortodoxă Sfinții Mihail şi Gavril din Turda (RO)
Biserica Ortodoxă Sfinţii Mihail şi Gavril din Turda
St. Michael and Gabriel Orthodox Church from Turda (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~35 km.
- In the centre of Turda municipality, on Andrei Şaguna Street, on a land donated by the Romanian Church United with Rome, a monumental Orthodox church in neo-byzantine style was erected between 1926 and 1935. The edifice was built according to the plans of the architect Ioan Traianescu.
- The paintings and the icons were completed in 1938 and represent the works of two important painters of the time - Paul Molda and Gheorghe Belizarie. The original plan included a painting that portrayed the King Carol II in a commandant of mountain hunter uniform with the cape of the Order of Mihai Viteazul (Michael the Brave).
- An original element is the bell tower, built in an Oltenian tower shape – as homage brought to Prince Michael the Brave. Inside, a sustaining pattern of the Moldavian arches is applied, which has led to an opening of 5.40 meters in diameter of the central spire.
St. Michael and Gabriel Orthodox Church from Turda, Cluj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Turda and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism