Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Carei
Biserica Luterană (RO) - The Lutheran Church (EN)
Biserica Luterană din Carei
- In the middle of the 18th century, only 10 families made up the Lutheran community in Carei. Although they consistently sought for support of squires in order to build themselves a church, their efforts were in vain.
- At the end of the 18th century, they got a stretch of land from the Károlyi family to build a church and a church school. In 1808, the first minister arrived in town, so the small community started building the church in 1815, which was sanctified in 1823. The church was endowed with a bell and an organ in 1850.
The Lutheran Church from Carei, Satu Mare county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
Centrul de Promovare a Turismului Cultural Gróf Károlyi
The source of the texts/images/photos: CPTC Gróf Károlyi. Copyright© CPTC Gróf Károlyi
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Carei and nearby!
- Str. 1 Decembrie 1918 nr.1, Carei, 445100
- tel. 0261-861.481
- Program: 08:00 - 16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: www.visitcarei.ro