Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Carei
Biserica Greco-Catolică Maghiară (RO)
Biserica Greco-Catolică Maghiară
The Hungarian Greek Catholic Church (EN)
- The Greek Catholic church is the oldest one in the city of Carei. It's one of the earliest churches made of bricks, which stands out from the others, due to its parameters and distinctive form.
- The building of the church started in 1736 by order of Demeter Rácz who was the Károlyi family's chancellor. It was finished in 1739, and it has a very unique form : on the western facade two towers can be found, there is a bell tower above the nave and the sanctum is roofed with a dome.
The Hungarian Greek Catholic Church from Carei, Satu Mare county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
Centrul de Promovare a Turismului Cultural Gróf Károlyi
The source of the texts/images/photos: CPTC Gróf Károlyi. Copyright© CPTC Gróf Károlyi
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Carei and nearby!
- Str. 1 Decembrie 1918 nr.1, Carei, 445100
- tel. 0261-861.481
- Program: 08:00 - 16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.visitcarei.ro