Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Caransebeș
Biserica franciscană (RO) - The Franciscan Church (EN)
Biserica franciscană Caransebeș
- The Catholic Church dates back to 1814 and is built in Baroque architecture. It was part of an old Franciscan abbey which dates back to 1725.
- The dedication day of church is on 8th of December, when Catholic Christians celebrate Immaculata conceptio.
- Because the church was part of a Franciscan abbey, its protective saints are St. Leopold and St. Martin, known as the patron of the settlers who came in Caransebeș from Austria and Boemia at the beginning of 19th Century.
The Franciscan Church in Caransebeș, Caraș-Severin county, Romania (© Doru Luțai)
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ A MUNICIPIULUI CARANSEBEȘ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Caransebeș. Copyright© CNIPT Caransebeș
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Caransebeș and nearby!
- Piața General Ioan Dragalina nr.2A, Municipiul Caransebeș, jud. Caraș-Severin, România
- Tel / fax: 0355-429.955
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 1000 - 1700
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://cnipt-caransebes.ro