Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Biserica din Hilișeu-Crișan, unică în lume (RO)
Biserica din Hilișeu-Crișan
(unică în lume)
The Church from Hilișeu-Crișan, unique in the world (EN)
- In the extreme north of Romania there is a unique monument in the world. The half-Catholic half-Orthodox church in the Botoşani village of Hilişeu-Crişan is 200 years old and has a legend that has crossed the centuries.
- It is a peasant church for more than 200 years, built of thick oak beams, over which the wood has been carefully decorated. Covered with a birch and a beautiful porch made "from the bard" completes this Orthodox construction according to the Ukrainian model. A two-headed dragon shines the porch with five rosettes, mysterious symbols whose meaning or meaning has not been deciphered today. Beyond the massive wood doors, the interior of the church opens with humility. It impresses in the diaphanous light, letting go in as much as the narrow windows, the linden wood quill.
- The visitor first encounters the massive bell tower of the brick-built, stone-built church.
- The walls as well as the bell tower have baroque influences, more like the Western monastery enclosure and which no one would expect to find in northern Romania. On the wall, there are 13 Catholic statues, carved directly into the stone.
The Church from Hilișeu-Crișan (unique in the world)
Botoșani county, Romania (© ziarullumina.ro)
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
TOP 10 CHURCHES IN ROMANIA
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani
Other important churches in Romania