Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Biserica de rit vechi Nașterea Maicii Domnului Botoșani (RO)
Biserica de rit vechi Nașterea Maicii Domnului Botoșani
The Old rite Church Birth of Virgin Mary (EN)
- The current church building was built on the site of an old wooden chapel in 1853.
- The Orthodox Christian Church of the Old Rite has some elements common to the other Orthodox churches, but also a number of peculiarities.
- Generally, the shape of the Lipovan church approaches the forms of the Orthodox churches, with the semicircular altar oriented in the East direction. The particular element from the beginning appearing in a Lipovan church is determined by the presence of the eight-pointed cross (some of which are called eight corners).
The Old rite Church Birth of Virgin Mary in Botoșani, Botoșani county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani