Villages in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby Creaca commune
Biserica de lemn din Prodănești (RO)
Biserica de lemn din Prodănești
The wooden church from Prodănești (EN)
- Distance from Creaca village: ~3.4 km.
- The wooden church in Prodăneşti was built in 1730. It is of a very small size 8.5x3.5 m, being among the smallest wooden churches in Sălaj.
- It is covered with a string and the frame of the entrance door is decorated with the motif of the rope. The lower part of the transition from the narthex to the nave is decorated with a large composition of petal rosettes and diamonds. Unfortunately, the interior painting was destroyed. Only in some places can be distinguished shapes from the remaining stains on the walls. On the iconostasis, the painting resisted the intercession better, but it was covered with towels and icons.
- The church was renovated in 1939 and restored between 1999-2005, when it was also relocated to its current location.
The wooden church from Prodănești, Sălaj county, Romania
Click on the below images to see other wooden churches in the area.
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CREACA
The source of the texts/images/photos: CIPT Creaca. Copyright© CIPT Creaca
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Creaca and the villages nearby!
- Comuna Creaca 27/A , 457090, Sălaj
- tel: 0260-646.557
- Program: 09:00-16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: http://centruturisticcreaca.ro