Villages in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby Creaca commune
Biserica de lemn din Creaca (RO) - The wooden church from Creaca (EN)
Biserica de lemn din Creaca
- The wooden church from Creaca dates back to the 16th century, but the date of construction is unknown. According to tradition, the church following the village hearth was moved three times, reaching this place in 1600.
- In its current form, attested as Orthodox, it is mentioned between 1760-1762.
- The church is covered with a shingle, a tower with rectangular windows and a porch with arches supported on pillars. The entrance door frame is trimmed with ropes and rosettes. The painting made by Ioan Pop from Românaşi is damaged and covered with icons and towels.
The wooden church from Creaca, Sălaj county, Romania
Click on the below images to see other wooden churches in the area.
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CREACA
The source of the texts/images/photos: CIPT Creaca. Copyright© CIPT Creaca
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Creaca and the villages nearby!
- Comuna Creaca 27/A , 457090, Sălaj
- tel: 0260-646.557
- Program: 09:00-16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: http://centruturisticcreaca.ro