Villages in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby Creaca commune
Biserica de lemn din Brusturi (RO) - The wooden church from Brusturi (EN)
Biserica de lemn din Brusturi
- Distance from Creaca village: ~5.2 km.
- The wooden church from Brusturi was built in 1701, made of oak beams.
- It has a rectangular plan, the narthex and the altar have a straight ceiling, and the nave is vaulted. The bell tower that rises above the pronaos is short, with an arbor, beaten in wooden nails and fleece on a polygonal contour, of small size. The nave bolster is decorated with rosettes, the painting was preserved only in front of the altar on two registers.
- The whole church was painted, but the rains erased part of the painting. On the walls of the nave can be distinguished the faces of the saints. The painting on the vault was blotted out of the altar, keeping only on the walls.
- The author of the paintings is the famous painter Ioan Pop from Românași.
The wooden church from Brusturi, Sălaj county, Romania
Click on the below images to see other wooden churches in the area.
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CREACA
The source of the texts/images/photos: CIPT Creaca. Copyright© CIPT Creaca
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Creaca and the villages nearby!
- Comuna Creaca 27/A , 457090, Sălaj
- tel: 0260-646.557
- Program: 09:00-16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: http://centruturisticcreaca.ro