Villages in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby Creaca commune
Biserica de lemn din Brebi (RO) - The wooden church from Brebi (EN)
Biserica de lemn din Brebi
- Distance from Creaca village: ~3.9 km.
- The wooden church from Brebi dates back to the year 1759. This is one of the works signed by the church craftsman Breaz Ion from Gilău. According to the inscription above the entrance, the church was erected in the year 1759. Iconostasis is dated on one of the royal icons of 1780.
- For the history of this construction is important the inscription on the altar, which informs us: ''1852. This holy church was enlarged and renewed completely, having the parish of Giorgi Popa Tineru. He received curators Crăciunu Bălănenu and Aleise Duma. And at the choir, Vaselie Surdul in the year 1860.'' So the church was widened in the year 1852, and the choir was made in 1860. The paintings were restored after the enlargement of the Church.
- The church was restored between 1975-1976.
The wooden church from Brebi, Sălaj county, Romania
Click on the below images to see other wooden churches in the area.
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CREACA
The source of the texts/images/photos: CIPT Creaca. Copyright© CIPT Creaca
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Creaca and the villages nearby!
- Comuna Creaca 27/A , 457090, Sălaj
- tel: 0260-646.557
- Program: 09:00-16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: http://centruturisticcreaca.ro