Villages in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby Creaca commune
Biserica de lemn din Borza (RO) - The wooden church from Borza (EN)
Biserica de lemn din Borza
- Distance from Creaca village: ~6.3 km.
- The wooden church from Borza was built in 1758 by master builder Ion Breaz from Gilău. It is a small church with a large slope, and a small loft with an arbor, whose arches are decorated with wooden nails.
- The motif of the rope appears on the walls. Two rows of ropes fit the carved diamonds. The porch was built on the southern side. A rosette was made on each pillar. The entrance door framing is decorated with ropes and rhombs, as well as the entrance from the narthex to the nave, where they appear and rosette at the base and strings.
- The interior painting suffered from delayed repairs to the roof. It is possible to distinguish the scene from the life of Christ, faces of martyrs, or floral motifs. On the iconostasis was painted the crucifixion and the apostles' suite.
The wooden church from Borza, Sălaj county, Romania
Click on the below images to see other wooden churches in the area.
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CREACA
The source of the texts/images/photos: CIPT Creaca. Copyright© CIPT Creaca
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Creaca and the villages nearby!
- Comuna Creaca 27/A , 457090, Sălaj
- tel: 0260-646.557
- Program: 09:00-16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: http://centruturisticcreaca.ro