Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Biserica de lemn a Mănăstirii Înălțarea Sfintei Cruci din Cășiel (RO)
Biserica de lemn a Mănăstirii Înălțarea Sfintei Cruci din Cășiel
The Wooden Church of The Ascension of the Holy Cross Monastery from Cășiel (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~82 km.
- At about 25 km from Dej, on the way connecting Dej and Baia Mare, there is found a monastery attested from the 18th century. In 1959 the communist authorities dissolved the monastery, which is refounded in 1991, being dedicated to the Ascension of the Holy Cross and Holy Trinity.
- The wooden church is of 18th century, built of oak bars joined in dovetail technique on a stone foundation, being considered one of the most important Romanian architectural monuments from the Transylvanian region.
The Wooden Church of The Ascension of the Holy Cross Monastery from Cășiel, Cluj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism