Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Bastionul Croitorilor din Cluj-Napoca (RO)
Bastionul Croitorilor din Cluj-Napoca
The Tailors’ Bastion from Cluj-Napoca (EN)
- The Tailors’ Bastion or Tower is part of the second system of walls and fortifications of the city built between the 15th and 17th centuries. The first documented reference dates from the 15th century, from the time of king of Hungary, Matthias Corvinus.
- This tower was named after the tailor’s guild which had the obligation to support and protect the city in that place, being the only bastion of the fortress which has been completely preserved.
- During the time, the tower was destroyed many times. It remained in its current shape since the last major reconstruction which took place between 1709 and 1711, carried out by Austrians, when over 150 carriages with stone have been brought. The tower was restored between 1956 and 1957 as well, when the opening of a history museum of Cluj was intended, but the Communist authorities from that time opposed to this initiative.
- Nowadays, the tower is also called "Center of Urban Culture", and comprises a literary coffee house, a conference room and exhibition halls.
The Tailors’ Bastion from Cluj-Napoca
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism