Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Buzău
Barajul și lacul de acumulare de la Siriu (RO)
Barajul și lacul de acumulare de la Siriu
The Dam and the accumulation lake from Siriu (EN)
- The dam of Siriu hydro-electric power station is situated 12 km away from Nehoiu city. It is 122 m high and 570 m long. It is built between Siriu massif and Podu Calului massif. It is formed from rock, barren gangue and clay and it is considered the second big dam in the country. The retention lake is 11.5 km long.
- The thermal springs and establishment of the former spas from Siriu are at the lake limit. You can do summer activities, trips, sand bathing, trips with the boat, fishing.
- You can reach the area on NR 10 (Buzău – Braşov). The picturesqueness of the area comes from the rocky slopes of the mountains, from Giurca and Tehărău viaducts and the road crossing over the shape line of Siriu Lake.
The accumulation lake from Siriu, Buzău county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ NEHOIU
The source of the texts/images/photos: Consiliul Judetean Buzău. Copyright©Consiliul Judetean Buzău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Buzău and nearby!
- Calea Mihai Viteazu nr. 43b, Nehoiu
- Tel /fax: 0238.505.066, Mobil: 0762.061.945
- Program: 10:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Info Turism Nehoiu
- Web: www.cniptnehoiu.ro