Ansamblul monumental Podul Înalt (RO)
Ansamblul monumental Podul Înalt
The monumental ensemble Podul Înalt (EN)
- The monumental ensemble "Podul Înalt" is located in Băcăoani village, Munteni de Jos commune, Vaslui county (about 12 km from the town of Vaslui) and represents the work of the sculptor Mircea Ştefănescu from Bucharest.
- The entire monumental creation - composed of the equestrian statue (6.9 meters high and 19 tons weight) of the prince Stephen the Great (Ştefan cel Mare), two bronze bas-reliefs (executed by the sculptor Iftimie Barlaeanu from Iași), the stepped alley (256 steps) and the obelisk with the two bronze flags - is considered a reference work for the contemporary Romanian sculpture.
- The monument was unveiled on October 25, 1975, on the occasion of the 500th anniversary of the victory of the Moldavians led by Stephen the Great against the Turks during the Battle of the Podul Înalt-Vaslui (January 10, 1475), because there is the opinion that in this area the fight would have taken place.
- The monumental ensemble "Podul Înalt" is part of the List of Historic Monuments in Vaslui County (position 420) and has the code LMI VS-IV-m-B-06903. It will last in time as one of the most important tributes brought by the Romanian people to the great Christian voivode of the Land of Moldavia.
The monumental ensemble Podul Înalt, Vaslui county, Romania
The source of the texts/images/photos: Muzeul Judetean Vaslui. Copyright© Muzeul Judetean Vaslui
County Museum of Vaslui - sections of the museum:
MUZEUL JUDEŢEAN "ŞTEFAN CEL MARE" VASLUI
TOP 10 MONUMENTS IN ROMANIA
- Str. Hagi Chiriac nr.2 Vaslui, cod 730129
- tel/fax 0235-311.626
- Program: 09:00-17:00 (Tue-Sun); closed (Mon)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: www.muzeu-vaslui.ro
Other monuments in Romania